Thursday, June 12, 2008

Lemon Water

"Mama, can I make lemon water?" My son is asking if he can serve us a refreshing drink we all like around here. "Sure!" is my usual answer to him because I'm glad he's getting into the habit of using lemon in his water. He makes it from start...washing lemons... to finish...even cutting an apple up and garnishing our cups with the apple slices as well. Ain't that swell?


His recipe for Lemon Water:


1 lemon, juiced

water

apple slices for garnish


Divide lemon juice into 3 drinking cups/glasses. Pour water in to fill. Put apple slices onto glass. Serve on a tray to your family. Hope you like it.

Mama's addition: if you like you can add a little sweetener (stevia would be good) and if you're adventurous, sprinkle a little cayenne pepper on top of the lemon water. There are so many benefits from drinking this. Drink this everyday for a month and you'll see why.

1 comment:

John David said...

I like to add a tablespoon of chia seeds and let it sit for a while. I just like all those little seeds dispersed throughout.