I found that planning my meals so that any leftovers from meals the day or two before can be used. For example:
- tacos one night (leftover toppings)...into the chili the next night
- cut fruit for dessert one day...into smoothies the next morning
- cooked hot cereal one morning...into smoothies/cookies/pancakes etc. the next day
- too much soup?...put into the freezer to use in a couple weeks
- leftover cooked vegetables...into a soup (classic)/casserole/make a "pot pie"
I have been working with a (non-vegan) stocked kitchen since we moved back. Since we are living here temporarily, I have been trying to make the best of it. So although it's a bit harder to eat what we normally would, I am thankful for the challenge to use up things creatively. If you have ideas about leftovers you can pass along, please leave a comment. I'd love to hear.
To read more great kitchen tips, visit Tammy's Recipes.
Please vote in the newest poll. Thanks.