Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Red Clover and Queen Anne's Lace

I am so happy to be back in the states.

I am a somewhat sentimental person when it comes to my childhood home. My parents moved to this property when my mother was pregnant with me. Other than moving into a new home that they built on the same property when I was in junior high school, they have never moved. I am grateful. I can come back to the home place where I grew up. I know not everyone can say that.

I love it - back on the farm. One thing I love to do when I'm here visiting is to walk on the country road my parents live on. It is a breath of fresh air to me...a "refilling" so to speak. When I was in college, I liked to speed walk around the track with my friends. I still like to walk fast and love long walks too.

One of my favorite sites (anywhere) are the wildflowers on the way. I have always loved the red clover and queen Anne's lace that is along the road where I lived. I am reminded of my father's clover hay that he grew. The queen Anne's lace sometimes bigger than my hands.

A day or two after we returned from Ghana. We awoke early one morning, before dawn...the four of us, all before my parents and sister. My husband had a great idea... "Let's take a pre-dawn walk!" So we did and we enjoyed it very much.

My daughter bundled up in a winter coat (we were very cold) and we got jackets on and went down the road. The lacey flowers and the clover were so beautiful. Here are some sights for you to enjoy.







Some other flowers my mother has planted by the house...




The early morning sun makes these flowers all the more beautiful, doesn't it? God's creation recreated every single day.

2 comments:

texasleslie said...

aaaahhhhhhhhh.........absolutely beautiful shots....

Loretta said...

Hey, thanks! I took them about 7 am in the morning. I happy to say that they stand on their own and I didn't touch them up at all or crop the photos either. I wish you could see the rest of the scene to complete it all...the breeze and the woods nearby...ahhh, it's good to be home... =)